This by far has got to be the easiest, yet different take on cereal/oatmeal for babies.
Using only 3 ingredients, and some arm power you can whip this up within 5 minutes. Yes, even with your baby in your arms.Jump to Recipe
While feeding Nalani her oatmeal for breakfast I could not stop thinking of ways to enhance it easy and fast.
I had a good amount of Gerber’s supported sitter oatmeal leftover from when my daughter first started eating oatmeal/cereal that I forgot about with the introduction to fruit and veggie purees that I was NOT going to let go to waste.
So I figured my daughter has these dissolvable snacks made of fruit and veggie purees, why not combine them both because what’s the worst that can happen? Long story short, after trial and error they do dissolve well the smaller the pieces are which is why they need to be smashed before or else it will NOT work.
Without further ado, it is simple. Combine Gerber’s Yogurt Melts (any variation) crushed with baby oatmeal/cereal and mix thoroughly with warmed breastmilk or formula.
Do not forget to check the temp of baby’s food before serving. The easiest way I do it is by using Munchkin’s White Hot Safety Spoons. They are really cool because they literally change colors to a solid white when the food is way too hot. This helps prevent you from accidentally burning baby!
This is a great way to get rid of that leftover baby cereal or oatmeal that you had purchased from the excitement of baby finally getting to start eating it. Also, since Gerber’s Yogurt Melts have the ability to dissolve it makes mixing a breeze and safe to consume in medium crushed up pieces if you can’t crush it up as well as you hope!
How is it Berry Good?
Using Gerber’s Fruit & Veggie Melts, it takes oatmeal and cereal for babies to the next level with a variety of REAL berry and vegetable purees. These melts are also great as a snack on their own for baby-led weaning because they dissolve in the mouth.
Berry Good Oatmeal Cereal for Babies
- bowl for baby
- spoon for baby
- ANYTHING you can use to crush/grind up
- 1/4 cup Gerber Cereal oatmeal or cereal is ok
- 1/4 cup Gerber Fruit and Vegetable Melts very berry blend
- 2.5 oz Breastmilk or Formula warmed up
- Warm breastmilk or formula and set aside.
- Measure 1/4 cup of Gerber's fruit and vegetable melts, place in ziplock sandwich bag, and close tightly.
- Using a food processor (if you have one) grind it finely, or use anything you can find like I did ( a rolling pin, or potato masher) and crush it into small fine pieces. Set aside.
- Combine Baby Oatmeal or Cereal, and Gerber's crushed fruit and vegetable melts, with breastmilk (or formula).
- Mix thoroughly.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂