Easy peanut butter cookies that are way more than just lactation cookies. Seriously, these nutty cookies are vegan, flourless, easily gluten-free, contain oatmeal, and do not forget soft and chewy!
Quarantined in Southern California means I have even more time to do what I love. Which is…
Bake until I can’t no more! I love to bake and play around with ingredients I have an abundance of in my pantry so they don’t go to waste.
Oddly enough, while organizing my pantry, I realized I have a couple of jars of peanut butter that were approaching the “best by date” and Nalani was just put down for a nap.
These cookies are not where I am stopping at. I still have more peanut butter! Which means what to create next? Keep an eye out, my next creation will be out within the next couple days! 😉
What makes these cookies different?
With time on my side, I played around and using my lactation aides (brewers yeast, old fashioned oats, and flaxseed meal) I made some delicious, soft, and chewy peanut butter lactation cookies! 🙂
Just like my Cinnamon Oatmeal Lactation Cookies recipe, flax egg is called for meaning no eggs needed, therefore making it vegan! No flour is needed either, and I found adding the oats really helped provide structure. Substituting Gluten-Free Oats instead will instantly give you a Gluten-Free version making this recipe even more of a keeper!
These cookies make the perfect breastfeeding snack because of their usage of popular galactogouges like old fashioned oats, brewers yeast, and flaxseed.
I can not tell you how many unpalatable recipes I have come across with brewers yeast. Its taste is very distinctive and I always hide it as best as possible without sacrificing the typical serving size (2 Tbsp).
It is hidden very well in all of my lactation recipes. Seriously, ask my other half. He can’t stop eating them himself!
Did I mention these cookies only take 10 minutes to bake, and this recipe yields about 2 dozen (24 cookies) so you have plenty to snack on. Well, I mean to boost milk supply, but you get the point.
What are you waiting for? No time? Pin it for later, you won’t regret it!
Easy Peanut Butter Lactation Cookies
- Parchment Paper
- Baking/Cookie Sheet
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- A Fork
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 2.5 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Peanut Butter smooth
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Brewers yeast
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- Preheat Oven to 325° Fahrenheit (163° Celsius).
- Create Flax Egg. Combine flaxseed meal and water. Mix, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, both sugars, brewers yeast, vanilla, and flax egg. Combine thouroughly.
- Fold in Old Fashioned Oats.
- Drop evenly by rounded Tablespoon on to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Using the back of a fork, press gently on each cookie to flatten and give them signature peanut butter cookie lines.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until you notice the edges getting slightly golden brown. Let cool completely, and enjoy! 🙂