I made a funfetti cake for Nalanis birthday last month, and ever since I’ve been craving something buttery and packed with sprinkles. What can I say? When I really want something I do my best to get it. Funfetti Lactation Cookies instantly popped in mind as my next creation.
There’s no way I’m going to make another cake just for fun with Nalani cruising and walking when she feels like it these days. I figured why not create a funfetti lactation cookies recipe. When I was pregnant I remember searching for “funfetti lactation cookies” and never found any results.
Fast forward a year later and well there are still no results! My determination on creating this recipe grew even more. If you’ve tried my popular Cinnamon Oatmeal Lactation cookies or Peanut Butter lactation cookies this recipe is 95% the same ingredients and measurements. The only big difference is you need a little extra vanilla and the addition of rainbow jimmies.
I don’t ever use nonpareils because they are notorious for bleeding in batter, so please use rainbow jimmies for best results! These are from my fav baking company Wilton.
I used Wilton Rainbow Jimmies. They’re great and I can usually get them for 40-50% off at JoAnns. It’s a great craft store with a large baking section, download their app and see if you have one nearby. You can find coupons like “50% off a regular priced item” and more. The best part is you can use the coupon for your order through the app and pick it up curbside! No JoAnn? No problem, there’s always Amazon!
Don’t forget to pin it for later if you don’t have time to make it now. Comment below if you have any questions, comments/concerns, and ideas or suggestions for my next recipe.
Happy Baking and good luck on your breastfeeding journey!!
Funfetti Lactation Cookies
- Baking/Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Two mixing bowls
- Rubber Spatula
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 5 Tbsp Water
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Brewers yeast
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter softened (room temp)
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp Rainbow Jimmies (1-2 Tbsp extra if planning to top cookies)
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit. (163° Celsius)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax seed meal and water, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl cream together butter, both sugars, flax egg mixture, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Slowly fold in oats, and then fold in the rainbow jimmies.
- Drop by a rounded tablespoon (for even cookie size and cooking time) on to the parchment lined baking sheet. Top each with rainbow jimmies.
- Bake for about 17 minutes (oven time may vary), or until golden brown. Let them Cool, and Enjoy!