I have the hugest sweet tooth. I had to figure out how to make some delicious lactation brownies to not feel so bad for eating sweets in general. Well, also my daughter was not growing at all. She was stuck at weighing 8lbs all the way until she was 3 months old.
On average babies’ weight typically should double (from their birth weight) by the time they reach 3-4 months old. So, you can see why I HAD TO FIGURE OUT SOMETHING!
These lactation brownies had to have done something. Nalani, my teeny tiny was able to avoid supplements. Me being her only source of food was able to bring her weight up to 13lbs by the time she was 5 months old!!
Ditch the box mix! Stop using brownie or cake box mixes, and enjoy premium quality as you deserve it! These brownies are so easy, even a beginner can finish these within 30 minutes. These brownies are the perfect in-between of cakey and fudgy and just loaded with chocolatey milk boosting goodness!
Give them a shot, they are beyond delicious. Spread the love, Pin it for later! If you decide to try out my recipe give an honest review, and let me know what you switch up!
For a smooth and mellow taste, and darker color I used Ghiradelli’s Premium Cocoa 100% Cocoa Dutch Process Unsweetened Powder. However, regular cocoa powder will do just fine, and may come out lighter in color!
Share a pic of your end results down below. I would love to feature you! 🙂
- 9×9 Metal Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 10 tbsp Butter Melted
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Melted
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Brewers Yeast Powder
- ¼ cup 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 9×9 Metal pan with Parchment Paper. (TIP: You can use non-stick cooking spray to help parchment paper stay in place.)
- Combine Melted Butter and Sugars in a mixing bowl, and whisk by hand until smooth. (20-30s)
- Whisk in Eggs and Vanilla Extract.
- Whisk in Melted Chocolate evenly and stop when it appears smooth in texture.
- Fold in Flour, Brewers Yeast, Cocoa Powder, Oats, Flaxseed Meal, and Salt using a rubber spatula until distributed evenly throughout. Fold in Walnuts evenly.
- Use rubber spatula to help pour and evenly smooth mixture into prepared pan.
- Place in Preheated oven, and Bake for 18 minutes.
- Let Cool Completely in Pan before cutting and removing.
Check out my Skinny Cinnamon Oatmeal Lactation Cookies recipe for an extra way to boost your milk supply! They are made with Flax Eggs and bake even faster than these delicious brownies!