Lactation smoothies, cookies, and bars are what I have commonly come across when looking at other recipes to try out. So I decided to take it one creative, yet simple step further by crafting and cutting these buttery oatmeal chocolate chip lactation cookie bars into TRIANGLES!
Enjoy them as you like, but this triangle dessert definitely just hits differently and especially once I completed it with a scoop of yummy mint chocolate chip ice cream on top. Talk about the perfect late-night breastfeeding snack.
Seriously, these are probably right at the top of my favorites right next to my Cinnamon Oatmeal Lactation Cookies recipe. Just take a look at how thick and chocolatey they are. And yes, they are chewy and perfect.
I am living for these lately. Nalani is almost 1, she’s going through a growth spurt now and I need all the help I can get. I’m so excited, it’s going to be Girl Boss Baby themed! She can not get enough of that show, and let’s be honest, neither can I. I may do a couple of articles on the dessert table, etc.
But seriously, these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookie Triangles are amazing. They have these nostalgic taste that tastes like a Quaker Chocolate Chip Granola Bar, but thicker, buttery vanilla cookie dough, and the galactagogues that make these lactation triangles!
Top them with your favorite ice cream after they have cooled down slightly (for a cleaner cut), and enjoy! 🙂
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness, if it comes out clean but with some melted chocolate (it’s from the chips) it’s done
- Butter pan generously to prevent it from sticking, and to get that beautiful brown crust
- Allow them to cool completely for clean and smooth bakery/restaurant style cuts
- Don’t forget to top with chocolate chips before putting in the oven!!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookie Triangles
- 2 tbsp Flaxessed Meal
- 5 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Butter unsalted
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tbsp Brewers yeast
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1¾ cups Chocolate Chips semi-sweet preferrably Guittard
- Preheat Oven to 350° faranheit.
- Butter/Grease a 9 x 13in. pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, using low speed, beat together the butter and both sugars until smooth
- Add half of the flax egg mixture, mix, add the remainder of the flax egg and vanilla, and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine all of dry ingredients: flour, oats, brewers yeast, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and 1½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Add the butter/sugar mixture and combine thouroughly.
- Spread and push cookie dough into prepared pan evenly. Top with remainder chocolate chips using however much you like!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into large squares, then cut those squares in half from corner to corner to get the beautiful triangle shap, and ENJOY!